The city spreads out before you. Rushing from point to point, lit by the slow strobe of fluorescent buses and dark streets. Stumbling into situations for a stranger’s signature. Fleeing unknown pursuers, breathing hard, admiring the landscape and the multitude of worlds hidden in it.
For one night, drop your relations, your work and leisure activities, and all your usual motives for movement and action, and let yourself be drawn by the attractions of the chase and the encounters you find there.
Journey to the End of the Night is a free street game organized all over the world. As the sun goes down, you will race through the streets of the city, trying to make it to the next checkpoint without getting tagged. Only the fastest and the sneakiest will make it to the end of the night.
- When you arrive at the starting line, you will be given three things: A map, a blue ribbon, and a red ribbon. Tie the blue ribbon around your arm and put the red ribbon in your pocket. Study the map carefully.
- Your goal is to make it to each checkpoint on the map in order without getting tagged by someone wearing a red ribbon.
- If you get tagged, give the person you tagged you your blue ribbon and put the red ribbon on your arm. Your goal is now to tag as many people as possible.
Wait, there must be more than 3 rules
All you really need are the three rules above, but there are some other things you should know.
- Safe zones are marked on the map. You cannot be tagged in a safe zone. Make sure you know where they are.
- You can travel on foot or by public transit. No bikes, cars, roller blades or horses allowed.
- You can only tag one person at a time. You must collect their blue ribbon before tagging another player.